BOK Annual Meeting

Filed under: BOK Meetings,Latest News by Joseph on October 28th, 2019

Attendees: Joseph, Ruth, David W., Ian, Vladimir, Tatyana, Imre, Lina, Mihai, Paul Emmerson

  • Treasurer’s report
    • BOK is operating in the black and saving money to support our mapping projects.
    • We had a successful ARDF Champs event that paid off all the ARDF equipment and then some.
    • Now that we have all our event income through the store we will track income and expenses for each event.
      • Event directors should fill out a Google form for our OUSA fee calculation and expenses for reimbursement. (Mihai):
        • Number of starts
        • Expenses
          • Shelter
          • Printing
          • Other expenses
        • Income (store and cash)
        • Amount to be reimbursed to the event director
  • Website & Store
    • Event Directors links should be updated (Joseph)
      • Link for filling out the event report Google form
      • instructions for setting up an event and marking store orders as fulfilled at the end of the event
      • Instructions for downloading your event and reformatting it for use at the event
      • Map library on Google Drive
    • Group entries (store or spreadsheet?)
      • Groups can continue to use the spreadsheet and pay by check or use the store, whichever they prefer.
    • Modify title menu (remove “Latest News” & “Event Results” replace with “Event Registration” & “Radio Orienteering”)
      • “Event Results” link will be on the sidebar
    • Add “Annual Pass List” to “Event Director Resources”
      • Add a filtering sheet to the membership google sheet for active annual pass holders – less to print
  • Outfacing Media: Facebook, Attackpoint, RouteGadget
    • Attackpoint: we currently aren’t using it
      • Ask Gheorghe to put our events on Attackpoint
    • More use of RouteGadget
      • Continue to use Brian’s RouteGadget:
      • discussion with Brian to see how we can improve our usage of RouteGadget possibly hosting it on the BOK website
      • Write directions for meet directors on how to upload maps and courses 
      • Write instructions for participants to upload their courses
  • Event software
    • Request that SI-Droid show who is out on course (Ian)
      • Use the download box that SI-Droid is connected to as a check box so it can show people still out on the course in the HTML page
        • BOK authorizes up to $300 if it will encourage the developing of this feature
  • Membership criteria / annual pass
    • Board Members, officers and Event Directors are members
      • There are no perks for members – does not include annual pass
  • Elect Board Members. – We neglected to elect board members last year, so two were elected for a two year term and two for a three year term. The current board members and their term ends follow:
    • Lina 2020
    • Ian 2021
    • Dave 2021
    • Joseph 2022 (president)
    • Mihai 2022
  • Mapping
    • Map Library moved to Google drive– update link (MIhai)
    • Umstead mapping project
      • Professional Mapper
        • Will arrive in mid-January for 5-6 weeks
        • Will map the Umstead South section this year
        • Payment hasn’t been discussed yet
        • We want to see the first product before we commit to the other three areas.
        • Project expected to extend for 4 years
    • Dave’s mapping projects:
      • OBX
      • Horton’s Grove (Triangle Land Conservancy Project) 25% done
      • Bobbit’s Hole (Eno River)
    • Possible other projects
      • Bass Lake / Suggs Farm
      • Optimist Farm
      • Corn Maze
  • ARDF report
    • Champs was very successful and represented about ¼ of our total starts
    • Receivers we purchased last year are now fully paid for
    • Transmitters: Joseph & Ruth purchased “classic”  transmitters for BOK to use
    • BOK purchased two lightweight portable tables that can be used if we want to have remote registration
  • Course standards – we agreed on the following terminology
    • Middle – complex terrain, lots of controls. Two courses so there is a 30-40 minute winning time for red and 25-35 minutes for brown runners.
    • Long – our current standards White – Blue
    • Sprint – complex area, urban park, Two courses with a 12-15 minute winning time for both Brown and Red
      • 2.5k-3.0k Red; add a Brown at 1.5k – 1.8k; use 15-20 controls
  • 2020 Schedule
    • Event directors are encouraged to add ARDF FoxOring to our events.
      • Joseph will try and add delay timers to the FoxOring transmitters so they can be set out the day before.
    • 37 events on the schedule (All events subject to change at the discretion of the event director.)
      • 14 Open classic events
      • 4 Open sprints (1 forest 3 park)
      • 3 Advanced Night events (one on Halloween)
      • 7 ARDF Radio-O
      • 5 Advanced or Expert (not yet determined)
      • 1 Farsta Relay
      • 3 Score (2 forest 1 urban)
    • Add schedule to AttackPoint (Gheorghe)

Leave a Reply