This was our first night event at Schenck Forest. The Dog Bones format requires that two controls be done as a pair without another control between the pair. It was arranged so that 41 and 51 had to be done together and the others followed suit i.e. 43-53, 58-48 etc. The point value was the […]
BubbaGoat: 19 Oct 2014, Umstead North BOK’s 2014 Bubba- and Pygmy-goats capped a great weekend of three mass-start events in and around Umstead State Park. With ideal weather and open runnable woods, the leaders of these races were able to make pretty short work of their courses. Kevin Wilkinson, winner of the Bubbagoat, held a […]
We will have an advanced meet this Saturday morning at Umstead West. Read below for the unique format of this event; but please note first that it is a mass start event. This means that everyone will start together at 10:00 AM. Please plan to be 15 minutes early for a briefing from the meet director. Don’t come late, or you won’t stand a chance! Keep in mind that you may have to walk about 1km from the parking area (on the side of Old Reedy Creek Rd, near the I-40 overpass) to the start, which is just past the gate. Also be sure to pre-register here.
Who: All BOK Members
What 2014 Annual Meeting
When: October 29, 2014 – 6:00 dinner, 7:00 meeting
Where: 904 Dorothea Drive, Raleigh, NC
Our meeting starts with a deep dish Sicilian Pizza from Piccola Italia at 6:00.
At 7:00 pm the business meeting starts.
Please register for the meeting on the website so we can buy the right amount of pizza (it is in the list of “advanced events” but of course all members of any ability are encouraged to attend.
BOK supplies the Pizza and drinks and you are welcome to bring a salad or dessert to share, but this is not mandatory. We would like to have you come even if you can’t bring something… really the pizza and drinks are enough.
Here is the agenda so far. Please email me if you have things to add.
- ARDF fox “O” combined with events
- Dealing with 100 max at Umstead events
- “A” meet plans for 2015
- New control bags and other equipment needs (we have two sets of start/finish/clear/download/print and 10 spare SI boxes)
- Election of officers
- Identify new areas close to the Triangle.
- Continuation of Birkhead Map,
- Refresh of Umstead map (at least get new trails in the South East and South Central areas and the area around the parking lot mapped).
- Refresh of Schenck Forest map.
- Start Eno River map
- Update trails on Lake Crabtree map
- Lake Crabtree may no longer be available because of new plans by RDU authority. Some people are trying to prevent this; see http://www.savethecrab.org/.
- Lake Johnson will have additional restrictions because it is designated a natural preserve.
- A new Raleigh park is being developed near Falls Lake that we are being encouraged to use at this time.
BOK’s 2014 Bubbagoat race is now in the books. Look here for results.